Thursday, December 01, 2011

Weekly WIP (Thursday Edition)

So, in an effort to force myself to pick up the thing that my mom can't look at, I wasn't letting myself cast on anything new. So basically I didn't knit a whole lot this week.

Recently Finished:



The scarf and mitts for my friend Sarah. She's going to help me decorate for Christmas and this is her thank you, and just because she's awesome and I love her.


OTN:

Still working on Ben's Sweater - the body is resting on some scrap yarn and I'm ready to cast on the sleeves.

My socks are coming right along - I'm almost up to the heel. I can't decide if I'm going to do my standard short row heel or try Cat Bhordi's Sweet Tomatoe heel. I think it will come down to where I am when I am ready to start it. If I'm home I can watch the video and do the new one, if not, I'll stick with what I know.

OTW:
er, same as last week, but look at this!
Pictures don't do it justice, it's super fun and sparkly and pretty! I bought it from Heidi out at London Wul and can't wait to get at this once the orange stuff is finished.




OK mom, stop reading now. Unless you want to ruin the surprise.







So....you may be wondering what became of those other things I was working on....well....right now it looks like this:
So what happened was I started these mitts back in March (I think?) for my mom. Got one almost finished (I was working on the thumb) and then got distracted by other things (mostly this and this and this....it happens). I put off picking it up again for two reasons:

1. I wasn't really happy with them. There were a couple mistakes in the inside pattern, and they were small. I could wear them, but they were tight. My mom's hands are the same size as mine (only reason I kept going), but they weren't comfortable.

2. I knew by the time I picked them up it would be impossible to get the same gague and I'd end up with one mitt bigger than the other.

So finally today I picked them up and finished the thumb. It looked like this \_/. Narrower at the bottom than at the top. Because my gague had changed.

I thought it would be hard to rip it out, but actually it felt kinda good. I feel clean. I can move on now, start again. They might not get done for Christmas (sorry mom.....), but they will get done, I'm not dreading working on them anymore. Not sure if I'll manage to do them two at a time or not tho.

No comments: