Monday, July 25, 2011


Three years ago today I was supposed to be induced. I was 41 weeks and 2 days pregnant. I didn't want to be induced, so I was very excited to wake up with contractions. I had been having contractions regularly for a couple of weeks in the evenings (3-4 hrs a day, 8 or so minutes apart) but this was the first time I had woken up with them.

So I didn't go in to the hospital, instead just relaxed and prepared myself for my baby to be born. A few hours later the hospital called, and we agreed I'd go in for an ultrasound just to make sure everything was ok.

It was, so I went home and continued labouring. Two days later Elias James Perry was born.

This picture was taken on the 26th right before we went into the hospital. My wonderful doula was able to snap it between contractions while I was sitting on my ball outside.

It's hard to believe it was 3 years ago. My boy is so big. He's sweet and kind and helpful and funny and he has this grin that is so infectious. Right now he's laying on the floor happy as can be playing with his Thomas the Tank Engine as happy as can be. I sort of feel the same way about being his mom.

No comments: