Friday, March 06, 2009

Personal Solstace

I hate winter.

Well, not really, it is generally my least favorite time of year, but I do like snow and Christmas and other wintery things. What I hate is what winter does to me.

Like many people, winter is hard for me to get through. I'm stuck inside, it's dark and dreary. I get cabin fever, I miss people, I get discouraged and lethargic and can't seem to break myself out of it. It sucks away my energy and my spirit. Some of the worst things I've gone through have happened in winter, which also colours my thoughts towards it.

In short, winter sucks.

And then through March every year I notice things start to take a turn. I think about spring and summer, of rain and the beach. I push myself to get out of the house more and connect with people. I start to feel more alive again.

From now through November things will be much different. It's like I can think again, breathe again, function again.

Now if it would just stop snowing...

1 comment:

Jecca said...

winter does suck. i completely agree. but the 55* weather today made me feel so much better. :)

thanks for your comment on my blog! :)