Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Knitting

I like knitting. A lot. It gives my hands somethign to do and makes me feel productive. It's a reward for cleaning, a tension reliever in the evenings and gives me an excuse to meet new people.

As such, I've been doing a lot of it lately. Right now I've got three projects OTN (on the needles) - socks, a sweater for the girl, and this shawl. Click that and look at the beauty of the shawl.

It's my first time knitting lace. It's my first time knitting with lace weight yarn (it's like thick thread). I'm finished the first chart and on my second (of ten) repeat of the second chart. It's pretty. I'm really excited.

Unfortunately, the charger for my camera has gone awol, so no pics of my pretty (or many of the things I've finished recently...or of my kids for that matter...)

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Good choice, I like it.

Dena said...

Wow! I'm impressed you can knit lace like that. The shawl is BEAUTIFUL! I love it! Can't wait to see the pics. Btw, I got in touch with Natalie and we are talking. Thanks!