Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Remember me?

I know, I know, it's been forever again. Sigh.

I was reading back through some of my old blog posts. Remembering, things that happened, people in my life. I was a different person then. Here I go getting all sentimental, but I was so light, idealistic, sure.

Things have changed since then. I hate to say it but I think I've become a little cynical, jaded.

There were things that happened that caused a lot of hurt. Relationships were broken. Situations changed. I changed.

I think I've grown a lot in the last few years. I hope I've become a better person. Still, I look back on those old posts and I admire that person. I admire the optimism, the faith, the peace.

I think I needed to change, and to grow, I think in general I handled things well. I wonder if I can get back those things. I've gained experience and wisdom and strenth in the last few years, those things I'm thankful for and wouldn't give up. I'm hoping I can have a mix of both - the faith and the wisdom, optimism and experience.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I remember and love you.

Unknown said...

No Matter what has happened, How you have changed, or what you have done or not done, you will always be my friend. the friend who was there when I needed you and who helped me find my own path. I loved you then and I love you always.