Sunday, August 21, 2005

Jehovah Jirah

I've been reading the blogs of a few friends lately and noticing a theme - we're all amazed when God does exactly what He said He will do. Now, I'm not saying I don't feel the same way, or that we shouldn't be amazed at miracles, but there are times when we're just so dense.

Ok, now I'm talking from personal experience. I know I need to trust God, I know God will provide for me, but I guess there's always this little bit of me that wonders "well, what if He doesn't"

Ben is getting on full time at the place he's been working as a temp. The wage will be between 13.75 and 15 something to start. I am amazed by this. How can it be that God would work that out. I mean, isn't it supposed to be harder than this?

I have another job offer too. For the past month or so I've been working at LaSenza (my 3rd job since moving to Calgary), making not very much money. I have an interview with a bank next week, full time, days, no weekends, starting at 10.00/h. But I don't know what to do. I see God opening this door, and there's a part of me wondering if it's just a trick. I mean, He's already given me a job, wouldn't it be a lack of faith in His prvision to look at getting something that pays more.

I want to follow God, I want to be where He wants me to be, and, I am. I'm in Calgary, I'm working at the church. And I'm starting to realize that whatever my second job is He will use me and provide for us.

Pray that the interview goes well

2 comments:

Tammy Craig said...

Steph, I know it can be a little scary when that kind of stuff comes up, but I think the bank may be a God opportunity! It would be awesome work in which you would be really good at, and it frees your weekends and evenings to be at the church. The pay is just the bonus of it all. Maybe La Senza is what you needed until God could allow this bank thing to come up. Sounds like you and Ben are doing wonderfully. God is so awesome!

I know the real reason why you're hesitating; you don't want to lose your La Senza discount! :O

hehe... ;) I LOST!!

Richards' said...

LOL! Tammy is funny :)

Steph, you are in my thoughts and prayers, let me know how it goes!